Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapters 6 and 7 in your textbook, and watch the Managing Schedule, Release Planning, and Cost with Visual Studio Online (VSO) (Links to an external site.) video. This video will demonstrate how VSO can be used to setup the schedule for your SCRUM project.
Last week, you developed a product backlog for your SCRUM project. This week, you will estimate the schedule of your project in VSO. Follow the steps below to estimate the schedule of your project:
- Determine the cadence of your iterations.
- Revisit each work item in your VSO backlog and estimate the level of effort that is required to implement it.
- Determine the velocity of your team.
- Calculate the number of iterations that are needed to complete the project.
Assume that you have only 1 SCRUM development team made of three developers. Also assume that the business owners mandated three release dates that the development team must commit to.
Your project schedule must span at least 4 sprints
Once you have estimated your project schedule in VSO, take a screenshot of it to submit for your assignment. Set up the starting dates of your iterations based on either regular work schedule or business mandated dates or both.
In addition to your screenshot, include a 750- to 1250-word (3-5 page) paper with the following:
- Summary of the relative level of effort for the items in your product backlog and your team velocity
- Explanation of your approach to completing this assignment and the decisions you made
- Summary of personal reflection and lessons learned in completing this assignment
- Must be 750-1250 words (3-5 pages) in length (not including title and references pages, or the screenshot of your product backlog) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least 1 credible source in addition to the course text.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.
Note: Using Excel instead of VSO