Competencies Addressed in This Assignment
- Competency 1: Articulate rules and procedures applicable to multi-agency criminal justice operations.
- Competency 3: Assess strategies for multi-agency operations.
- Competency 5: Communicate effectively with diverse populations.
It is the prosecution’s responsibility to prove all elements of the crime or crimes are charged to the elevated criminal standard of proof of beyond a reasonable doubt. The goal of the defense attorney is to identify potential gaps in the investigation, procedural non-compliance, and/or inconsistency in the testimony of witnesses, including those involved in the investigation. When multiple agencies are involved in a criminal investigation, this potential is elevated. That necessitates even more focused attention to detail in preparation for testimony, on the part of the investigator, to ensure cohesiveness, procedural compliance, and testimony alignment.
This assignment is based on the Calibrating Litigation media from your studies. Write a 2â€“3 page internal memorandum, from the role of the prosecutor, that will be sent to all agencies involved in the investigation. Address the following, based on the case:
- Determine the information to be circulated to the agencies to ensure clarity of roles and involvement in the investigation.
- Lay out the measures that should be taken by the agency investigators to prepare for testimony in the criminal trial, based on the complexity of the case.
- Express two potential implications for inconsistencies in testimony between agency investigators.
Cite a minimum of two academically verified references to support your statements.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- Resources and citations: Format according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Length of paper: 2â€“3 typed, double-spaced pages, not including the title page or the references page.
- References: A minimum of two references.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.